Statement of Faith
- The Bible – We believe that the Holy Bible is the Word of the living God; and that it was written by holy men in ancient times as they were inspired by the Holy Spirit. Because it is inspired by God, it is truth without error. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- The Eternal Godhead -We believe that there is only one true and living God. He made heaven and earth and all that is in them. He is the beginning and the end of everything and He is Love. He is holy, just and merciful. He is worthy of worship. He is a mysterious trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (1 John 5:7).
- The Fall of Man – We believe that humans were created in the image of God, but that, because of our rebellion against God, we are all are sinners and deserve the condemnation of a just and holy God (Genesis 1:27; Rom 5:12).
- The Plan of Redemption – We believe that, in spite of our rebellion, Jesus Christ died for us: the Just for the unjust. He took our sentence, carried our sins, received our condemnation, died our death, and fully paid our penalty. By simply believing and accepting this gift of love, any one of us, no matter how great our rebellion may have been, may be clean before God and made whole (John 3:16; Titus 2:14).
- Salvation Through Grace – We believe that the salvation of sinners is absolutely because of God’s grace. We have no righteousness or goodness of our own by which to approach God (Ephesians 2:8).
- Repentance and Acceptance – We believe that God will receive anyone who comes to Him with sincere repentance, sorrow for their sin, and a whole-hearted acceptance of the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior (Romans 10:6-10; 1John 1:9).
- The New Birth – We believe that the change that takes place in a person’s heart and life when they accept Jesus as their Savior is a very real one. This person is then born again. God gives them a new life and all their old rebellion is forgiven (2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 2:20).
- Daily Christian Life – We believe that having been cleaned by accepting Jesus’ sacrifice on Calvary, it is God’s will for us to grow stronger in faith, prayer, love and service every day (2 Corinthians 7:1).
- Water Baptism & the Lord’s Supper
We believe that water baptism in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, according to Jesus’ example and command, is a public sign of the private change going on in our lives (Romans 6:4).
We believe in taking communion as a reminder that Jesus’ body was broken for us and His blood shed for us (1Corinthians 11:24-26).
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit – We believe that God baptizes His people with the Holy Spirit when they ask for Him. The Holy Spirit gives us power to live for God, to tell other people what He has done for us, and to help one another as He gives us comfort, courage, wisdom and guidance (Acts 1:5, 8; 2:4).
- The Spirit Filled Life – We believe that God’s will is for our lives to demonstrate our faith in God. We are learning to be patient, loving, truthful, sincere, and prayerful, not complaining, and always ready to serve other people as God gives us strength (Ephesians 4:30-32; Galatians 5:16, 25).
- The Gifts & Fruit of the Spirit – We believe that the Holy Spirit gives gifts to the Church: wisdom, knowledge, faith, healing, miracles, prophecy, discernment, tongues, and interpretation. We believe that the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faith, humility and moderation, is the evidence of a Spirit-filled life (1Corinthians 12:1-11; Galatians 5:22-25).
- Moderation – We believe that Christians should be sober, thoughtful, balanced, forgiving, loyal, upright, humble, self-sacrificing and (in all things) Christ-like (Colossians 3:12, 13; Philippians 4:5).
- The Second Coming of Christ – We believe Jesus will come again, but that no one knows when this will be (Matthew 24:36, 42, 44; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).
- Church Relationship – We believe that God’s plan is for each Christian to identify him/herself with the worldwide Church by being involved with a local congregation (Acts 16:5; Hebrews 10:24).
- Judgement – We believe that the dead will be resurrected to stand with the living before the judgement seat of God. Wicked people have sentenced themselves to everlasting punishment. Those who have accepted the righteousness of God through Jesus Christ will live eternally (Revelation 20:11-12; 2Corinthians 5:10).
- Heaven – We believe that Heaven is the indescribably glorious habitation of the living God (John 14:2; Revelation 7:15-17).
- Hell – We believe that hell is a place of darkness and sorrow, far removed from the presence of God. It is a place prepared for the devil and his angels, a place of grief and eternal regret (Matthew 13:41-42; Revelation 10:10, 15).
- Evangelism – We believe that Jesus told all Christians to share the good news that God is love with everyone they meet (James 5:20; Mark 16:15).
- Tithing & Offerings – We believe that the method ordained of God to sustain His ministry and the spread of the gospel after His command is through the financial support of God’s people (Malachi 3:10; 1 Corinthians 16:1-2).